Saturday, September 19, 2015

Trying to help the normies relate...

So today I am in pure pain... knees, ankles, wrists, elbows, back and neck.

Jenna asked if I wanted to go to her Lyme Disease Support Group meeting today and I declined not because I didn't want to go but because the thought of sitting in a conference room chair for 3 hours just sounded like something I wasn't up to. I think this is the first time I've decided not to go to an even because I knew my pain was too high.

And what the hell is with my elbow? It's not like it even gets much stress... and yet it's at a solid 3-6 (it randomly shifts) with spikes to 8-ish. Why? I have been babying it a bit... I think I need to get a neoprene wrap for it just for the compression.

For those of you that don't understand or have a challenge relating... think of the day after a heavy, heavy workout: the pain not just in your muscles but how it's amplified whenever you use those muscles. Now take away the workout (i.e. it's for no reason other than being alive), make that pain spike come from something as simple as lifting a coffee cup or even a fork, put in every commonly used muscle in your body, and your tendons and ligaments and joints... and then make it all day every day.

Now take away the chance that Tylenol or ibuprofen will do much for the pain.

That's a GOOD day. On a bad day we have joints popping out of sockets and cartilage crunching and/or tearing all over the place.

Maybe you can sort of start to kind of relate in a tiny way? 

In other news, I have some blog posts coming up that should be a little more uplifting. I have been giving some energy to my other hobbies/interests/passions and have realized that I should be sharing some of those things here too. So... that'll be fun!

I've discovered that swimming in the pool with the childebeast is getting more and more fun all the time... my swimming is improving and my upper body is developing a bit. That's really cool.

Now I just have to keep my ass in gear getting some real work done so I can make the living I need to make to pay for insurance and a decent diet... and hopefully get us out of this apartment into a real house someday. :)

Laterz, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment